One of the best aspects about ACA is the family atmosphere it offers. We work to foster this family environment through our Parent Teacher Fellowship (PTF). PTF is comprised of one to two parents from each class at Altus Christian Academy. Each PTF ambassador is responsible for being the chairperson of one event during the course of the school year, as well as encouraging involvement for their parents and students at every ACA event. The Vision of the Parent Teacher Fellowship is three-fold:
- To fill all volunteer positions at ACA
- To train our volunteers to serve with excellence at all school events.
- To be a viable source of strong community with our school family.
In order to serve as a Parent Teacher Fellowship ambassador, one must fully commit to the following:
- Attend a monthly meeting to obtain updates and set goals for future events.
- Consistent communication with classroom parents and teachers regarding school events, classroom needs, and volunteer opportunities.
- A willingness to encourage involvement of all classroom parents in events throughout the year.
The Parent Senate hosts numerous family events throughout the year such as; back-to-school and end of year parties, open house, Valentine’s family game night, and more. We have fundraising opportunities throughout the year, the most significant being our Spring Fling carnival and silent auction in the spring. All of these events and school needs take a lot of parent involvement to make them a success so please let us know your talents and abilities and we’ll find a place for you!