The ACA extracurricular activities seek to provide our students with the opportunity to glorify God through their God-given abilities, talents, and character. These activities help our students in building community, character, confidence, and endurance and the opportunity to learn how to transform the lives of those around them in every area of their life. Altus Christian Academy believes extracurricular activities contribute to the development and wellness of the whole child.
2 Timothy 2:5 says “And also if anyone competes in athletics, he is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules”. Athletics give students the opportunity to learn biblical lessons in endurance, strength, team work, and leadership.
Current Sports Include: Basketball for girls and boys in grades 4th-6th and Archery for grades 6th-8th. As our school grows, ACA plans to provide more sporting options. Cheerleading is available to girls in 4th-8th grade and is non-competitive.
Each year we participate in ACSI sponsored activity programs that that work to affirm each participant’s individual effort while recognizing those whose skill and ability provide an inspiration and a challenge to excellence for all who participate. Academic Contests Include: Math Olympics, Science Fairs, Speech Meets, and Spelling Bees.
ACA participates in the Jackson County 4H program. 4H meets monthly to offer students:
- Friendships, opportunities to develop public speaking skills, shared experiences, and participate in cooperative learning through local meetings, fairs and shows, educational tours, judging, demonstrations, recreational activities and county camps.
- Training in citizenship, leaderships, and character development.
- Pride of ownership; Pride of workmanship
- Leadership opportunities through local meetings and county activities
- Life skill development through projects.
- Recognition for work accomplished – county medals, cash awards, trips and scholarships