History

In February 2001, Advance Learning Center was launched as a tutoring and educational assessment service. Upon the closure of the local community college’s preschool and child development lab in July 2002, Advance Learning added a pre-kindergarten program for 4-year-olds. The following year the learning center added a program for 3-year-olds, and the year after that, added kindergarten. Because of a desire in the community for a Christian school, a group of interested individuals completed a feasibility study and through much prayer determined the right course of action was indeed to found a school. The group formed a board of directors and incorporated Altus Christian Academy as a not-for-profit organization in June 2006. The school offered pre-kindergarten and kindergarten as well as 1st and 2nd grades. ACA has now expanded to include third through sixth grade. Enrollment has grown from 16 students the first year of Advance Learning Center’s program to a current enrollment at ACA of approximately 148 students. Other growth measures include a facilities move from one with approximately 1,500 square feet to 5,000 square feet at the 1700 N. Main Street location. For 2007-2008, another 1,000 square feet were leased to accommodate a growing enrollment and the addition of an extended care program. In 2012-2013 school year, the school moved to a newly remodeled property at 1220 N. Grady. With approximately 15,000 square feet of renovated space, the new location helps position the school for future growth.